The "horn" of the ornate horned frog (Ceratophrys ornata) is a curious triangular prolongation of the edge of the upper eyelid. It is not hard or sharp, as it is only a flap of skin, but perhaps it makes the wide head appear even wider and therefore less acceptable to the forest creatures that would normally dine on these frogs.
- Where to see them: Eastern Brazil and eastern Argentina
- Lifespan: 10 years in captivity
- Length: 4.5 to 6.5 inches
- Habitat: Tropical rainforest
- Diet: Snakes, lizards, mice, and other vertebrates